See a selection of my copywriting below, or visit my journalism portfolio.
I led website copy on a rebrand project for the beloved Denver-based burrito chain, Illegal Pete’s.
• Creating brand voice guidelines that honored past and present brand identity, while considering future brand goals. Guidelines addressed brand voice and tone, and included a slang word lexicon and emoji dictionary: ⚡🥄🎸🤘🎤🌵💥💔👏✔️📀💀
• Using brand guidelines to write punchy headline copy and call-to-actions, as well as honest brand storytelling about IP’s history, community initiatives, and equity efforts; editing and shaping writing submitted by other team members
• Strategizing and creating messaging for the Illegal Pete’s app and loyalty rewards program launch, including website copy and an email drip campaign explaining the changes (and how to sign up)
• See all the copy at illegalpetes.com
• I wrote a playbook titled “Getting Started with Service for Small Business” about how to show up for customers in an empathetic, service-oriented way to drives leads and keeps customers coming back.
• In its first year being published, this playbook garnered 3.1k page visits, 1.6k form views, 271 form completes, and had a content performance score of 77 on a scale of 100.
• For Upserve, a restaurant POS, I used a list of brand keywords and researched competitor sites to write and/or update webpages.
• I wrote headlines and software explainer copy, and included industry statistics while following brand voice and industry guidelines.
• A selection of bylines I’ve written about B2B branding, marketing, and writing, some of which strategically featured brands or partners, others which served to build my own personal brand and market my expertise as a full-stack marketing writer.
AIRHEAD SPORTS GROUP
• For Airhead, I developed brand voice guidelines to guide consistency across a suite of product descriptions belonging to different brands and items for sale on Airhead.com.
• I researched SEO keywords using SEMRush and incorporated keywords into 500+ strategic, compelling product descriptions.
ALLIED STEEL BUILDINGS
• I created a brand voice and values deck to support Allied Steel Buildings in their rebrand. This content helped the brand get clear on their unique positioning in an antiquated industry, and I used it to write a brand video script, case studies, about pages and more.
For Hoppier, a B2B SaaS platform that empowers efficient corporate gift-giving, I served as the content editor.
• Researching SEO keywords, devising blog article topics and assigning to writers; creating and updating an editorial calendar
• Writing case studies and website copy
• Managing two freelance writers and editing each article for clarity, style, and search optimization
I support audience growth on social media through a variety of skills, including: original photography, graphic design, caption writing, engagement, brand partnerships, event promotion, giveaways, and more.
• I planned, wrote, and designed ebookS for Brandfolder, a SaaS tool for digital asset management. This involved interviewing brand experts at Sphero and Finis, Inc. for product launch knowledge, and creating a comprehensive email and social media campaign to promote the piece.
- Planned and wrote case studies for Brandfolder
- Interviewed Open Table and Finis experts to uncover how they use Brandfolder
- Created content for email, landing page, and social media to promote case study